Vegan Tofu Poke Bowl with Miso Ginger Dressing
This Vegan Tofu Poke Bowl is a deliciously fresh and filling asian take on a salad. Paired with the ginger miso dressing, you get that irresistible touch of umami flavour. The miso ginger dressing is really the hero of this dish by giving it a nice gingery bite without making it too overpowering.
This Vegan Tofu Poke Bowl is one of my favourite comfort foods. I can eat this at any time of the day, all-day, everyday, and the dressing was just so finger licking delicious. Its a great, low-carb, keto and so deliciously filling. It’s a great way to get in your daily vegetables and just detox. Especially with Covid lingering around, a lot of people have been struggling with weight gain. Well these are a great way to detox, lose weight, and not feel like you’re missing out.
Everyone has been managing these hard times in different ways, we all have unique challenges to deal with. The perspective that I have decided to take during the pandemic is that it is an opportunity for self-reflection. During these times self-reflection, I realize how much I appreciate all the people that I do have in my life to spend with during this challenging period and so thankful that I don’t get to go through it alone.
I have been blessed with a partner with whom I live with and his daughter, so we are going through this together, but for a good portion of my life adult life, I spent it single in my apartment. Now under normal circumstances, this can be pleasant for some, but in a post-Covid-19 world, the isolation can be a lot more demanding.
This recipe is for all those who are stuck in this alone, and it is also a call for those who are blessed with a partner, children and/or roommates to reach out to those who don’t because these are the people who are the most in need of human connections right now. We all need human contact in some shape or form, so be mindful of these people and put them as a priority on your list of people to contact.
If you like this recipes like this, here are a few more recipes you might enjoy:
Vegan Poke Bowl with Miso Ginger Dressing
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- pinch sea salt to taste
- 1 cup freshly cooked wild rice
- 1/2 avocado, halved then sliced
- 1 tsp black & white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup carrots fine julienned or grated
- a handful of snow peas
- 1 shredded Nori Sheets
- 100 g tofu cut into 3”x3” by ½” thick
- 1/4 cup red cabbage
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients and pour half in a small bowl and soak your tofu for at least an hour to allow flavours to develop.
- Once the tofu has been soaked, transfer to a frying pan over medium-high heat for approximately 3 minutes on each side or until well browned.
- Start building your salad bowl by making your rice base. Pour the remainder of your dressing into a small dipping bowl and place it in the middle of your salad bowl. Then, arrange the rest of your salad ingredients around the dipping bowl, including your tofu.