Healthy Vegan Nutella (4 Ingredients)
This gluten-free & vegan Healthy Vegan Nutella is a great sweet treat to have in the fridge for the occasional snack, for a sweet breakfast on toast or even for a dessert. It is so deliciously smooth, creamy and just sweet enough to make you want some more. Zazz up your croissant in the morning, toast, bagels, or even roll up some gluten-free wraps and make sweet pin wheels. Another great recipe I have found was my Nutella stuffed Easter Eggs which can easily be made at any time of the year.
Growing up in a recomposed family means that you get to have 2 homes, sets of rules, toys and lives. My mother was always the healthy and responsible eater making sure that I built up the good habits necessary for being a healthy adult but my dad was more of the fun time house. I think that he might have been making up for lost time but I certainly didn’t mind much because that would mean that I would get spoiled every other weekend. What kid could argue with that right? All the forbidden stuff that mom wouldn’t allow like McDonald’s, pastries, and of course lots of Nutella. I would look forward to indulging over the weekends at my dad’s with those little Nutella toasts or croissants in the morning. However, with all of my intolerances, that meant Nutella was checked off my list a long time ago. The other day my boyfriend came home with the most delicious-looking Nutella doughnuts that I clearly couldn’t eat and ever since I have had the most stubborn hankering for that sweet buttery yet Healthy Vegan Nutella that would just not go away until I stuffed face full of it. There was always the vegan alternatives but that would be so ridiculously expensive for such a small container which could clearly not quench the craving. So, it was time to break out the elbow grease.
Making a good creamy Nutella is surprisingly easy if you have a really good high-powered blender. You can make it with a food processor but to get that creamy texture you’ll be better off with a high-powered blender. With only 4 ingredients, this Healthy Vegan Nutella is deliciously guilt-free. The best part is that you can make it as sweet as you want so that it isn’t too much like eating candy for breakfast. I actually made it without any of the maple syrup and it was perfect for me but I understand if you might want something a little more reminiscent of the original Nutella. I hope you enjoy!
Healthy Vegan Nutella
- 2 cups Raw unsalted hazelnuts
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- Â½ tsp Sea salt
- 1Â½ cups Semi-sweet dairy-free dark chocolate chips (I used 70%)
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F (176Â°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add hazelnuts to the baking sheet on a single layer and roast for 12-15 minutes.Â
- Remove from oven and let cool then use your hands to roll the nuts around and remove most of the skins.
- Add hazelnuts to a high-speed blender and blend till smooth intermittently scraping down sides.
- Heat the chocolate over a double boiler till melted, and, using a spatula, add to the hazelnut mixture with vanilla and sea salt.
- Once the hazelnut butter is creamy and smooth, add the vanilla and salt and blend well. Then add melted chocolate a little at a time and blend again until well incorporated.
- Transfer to a jar and store at room temperature and store for up toÂ 2-3 weeks.